0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

12

0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

precious-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2FlZM6Ch3A

Interested to get opinions on the upcoming fight. I hope this leads to wilder fight that would be massive. I am clearly bias as I have mentioned Antony before as Britain's next Lennox. I will say the obvious though, It is Joshua for me K.O mid to later rounds, no Foreman miracles of older guy winning here. I will stick my neck out that he will also beat Wilder when that great match up comes
who will win?

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

Will69
This post was updated on .
This has been one of the few fights I've been looking forward to since I heard about it last year.  I think Anthony will pull it off, but it might go the distance.  Wlad's last fight was terrible, and the one before that he was struggling hard, so that also lends to him not doing well this time.  Anthony is the aggressor, which impresses judges and in general, the aggressor usually wins (all other things being equal, and again, typically).  (Also, for more details on Joshua, I wrote my analysis on him in some other thread.)

Getting back to the upcoming match, the disadvantages for Anthony is that he has never fought even a good fighter.  All his fights have been with no-names and mediocres at best.  As well, the question remains: can Joshua take a sledgehammer from a Klitschko?   That has been the mighty hammer from Thor which fell many-a-foe.

This will be the most exiting HW fight in a while because regardless, Joshua seems to have top skill in the current roster, and combined with his size, gives substance to Lewis comparisons.  For Wilder, he fights really awkward, so it's hard to even judge him.  I think Joshua would edge Wilder though, although both guys are still unproven, imo.

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

Entaowed
I was about to start a thread about this upcoming tight fight.
See some interesting threads about it in the General section of this International combat website: https://www.boxingforum24.com/forums/general-boxing-forum.6

I agree on AJ.  However unproven at 18-0 18 kos, Wlad is not just over 40.  He has looked too declined over the last 2 years.  It was not just the awkwardness & size of Fury, he seems more tentative about pulling the trigger.

It would be fun to add a poll here.
How will it end?  I am unsure.  If I had to guess, I will go with a round 9 TKO when Klitchko is finally overwhelmed.

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

precious-1
Thanks for suggestion entaowed, not sure how to add poll?

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

Leo the Lion
Im rooting for Wlad like crazy. I'm a huge fan and I really think people give him too much trouble. He is in my eyes an ATG - Emmanual Steward agrees with me too
Leo Opperman: 200 - 225lbs (Amateur Boxer, Heavyweight/Super heavyweight) - 22 Years old, 13 Fights, 11 Wins, 9 KO's. Boxer Puncher. Former Bodybuilder who lost tons of muscle and decided to box like I used to before bodybuilding (started bodybuilding June 2016 again - at around 234lbs currently).
Father - Martin Opperman (Former South African Light Heavyweight Contender), Uncle Sebastiaan Rothmann (Former WBU, WBO, IBO Cruiserweight World Champion).

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

Entaowed
Leo, just go to your first post here, click on "Edit" as you would for any post, & when you see the text come up, UNDER this text box & the words "Alert me by email when someone posts to this thread"...

You will see the option to add A POLL!  This option only pops up if it is a thread that you started.

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

precious-1

Added poll thanks for instructions👌👌👌😊😊

Leo, just go to your first post here, click on "Edit" as you would for any post, & when you see the text come up, UNDER this text box & the words "Alert me by email when someone posts to this thread"...

You will see the option to add A POLL!  This option only pops up if it is a thread that you started.

http://ghosttown-boxing.2299399.n4.nabble.com/0-04-21-54-Josuha-Vs-Klitschko-The-Gloves-Are-Off-tp4671567p4671671.html

To unsubscribe from 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off, click here.
NAML

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

Duggerman
Administrator
I'm rooting for Klitschko. I think he has the experience to win this thing, but fighters have habits of aging pretty quickly in the ring. He's my pick to win, but if father time catches him tonight I would not be surprised.

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

BIG BAD BIONIC BOY
Sorry Duggerman but Anthony Joshua is the FUTURE. He is able to put the final nail in the coffin for the boring Klitschko era.

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

Phantom Punch
BIG BAD BIONIC BOY wrote
Anthony hasn't even had 20 fights yet. Put him against a big tough legend like KLITSCHKO? My money is on Wladimir. Easy

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

Duggerman
Administrator
Damn. I guess you guys can roll in the "I told you so's."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/39748791

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

Zorro
It's officially the end of the Klitschko era. Even if Wladimir bounces back from these two losses he'll never be the dominant force he once was. He handled his loss maturely.

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

precious-1
Joshua digs deep in a war of attrition. Just watched the highlights of what was a great contest that could have been another Foreman style fairy-tale moment. Round 5 began with a blistering attack by Joshua like a man on a mission trying to finish the old Champion with a barrage of blows. Klitschko hits the canvass. Just when you think time has caught up with the big Ukrainian he gets up & turns the tables with an uppercut leaving Joshua looking spent for the rest of the round, where the critics right about Anthony's stamina? Round 6 Anthony dropped with a powerful right & at this point had I have watched live would have thought Klitschko was going to follow up & finish Anthony for a famous victory but just couldn't find the killer combination. Joshua looked out on his feet but admirably regained his composure & dispelled the stamina myth. This was pivotal point in the contest & Anthony put an end to it with a clinical finish in round 11, he showed Klitschko how to finish a man when you have the opportunity.
I think these 2 warriors have behaved with class, no trash talk which you all have guessed I'm not a fan of & the sport of boxing was the winner
Next Wilder, bring it on & again the Englishman is you have guessed it going for Joshua with absolute uncertainty & clearly biased. I'm sure my American friends will be laying out the case for your man. Looking forward to your thoughts

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

Duggerman
Administrator
It was a great fight indeed! IMO this was Klitschko's best fight since his similar war with Samuel Peter a long time ago.

I honestly don't think Wlad's age is the problem here. He still moves well and he can still hit. Noticeably he has not been the same fighter since Emanuel Steward died. I've seen his skills and focus decline with each passing fight since then; he gets hit easier, he clinches more, etc. Emanuel would instruct him of his opponents' weaknesses and tell him when to drop the hammer.

Wladimir basically handed Tyson Fury the title. He didn't even try to fight that night. I take nothing away from Anthony Joshua. Wlad avoided slugfests at all costs, and rarely did well in them. I think Anthony would beat any version of Wlad post-Emanuel Steward.

Best heavyweight fight in years. A roller-coaster of a battle and both guys wanted it bad. Anthony was the better man, but I don't think it was Wlad's age that led to his downfall. I think Wlad's chin and lack of a solid Emanuel Steward-esque strategy is what led to his downfall here.

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

precious-1
I totally agree with your opinion on the Fury fight & think Klitschko was partly motivated by redemption to show boxing fans that was a terrible performance. Fury believes he handled Klitscko easier than Anthony & therefore in his mind elevates him to Joshuas next great challenge. If he earns that chance which I doubt I know who my moneys on in fact the Klitschko we saw against Anthony would have battered Fury imo.

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

Will69
This post was updated on .
Ashes to Ashes...  As with final fights of Ali, Tyson, Louis and other greats, the Klitchko Reign has passed.   But, wow, what a fight!  This was the best heavy weight fight I've seen in a long time.  Hats off to Wlad as he fought with valor, and did everything right.  I was on the edge of my seat for much of the fight.  I would say Wlad fought the more tactile, skillful fight, and didn't make any strategical mistakes.  The problem for him was, that AJ's youth bailed him, if that makes sense.  Meaning that as the rounds went on, AJ  recuperated more and more until he was recharged enough to release the tiger, as he always does.  A younger Wlad would have knocked him down in round 6 when he had AJ wobbling and on the hook (but AJ may or may not have gotten up again).  Even though Wlad's stamina was very good, Wlad of 10 years ago would have more fire in the tank and would unleash more combinations in the last few rounds, rather than being on the defense.  It was sad to see Wlad at a loss for words at the end of the fight, and his big brother consoling him.

I'm not sure if Klitchko will fight again.  If he does, I hope he wins, otherwise this last fight was brilliant enough.  Wlad has nothing to prove for his legacy and his name will be argued as a top HW of all time for generations.

This fight got me thinking... My opinion is slowly changing in that smaller guys wouldn't do as well in today's game.  No matter how great Rocky, Fraizer and Tyson were, I can't see them, even at peak condition, surviving even 6 rounds with these giants.  A year ago, I would have argued otherwise.

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

Zorro
I agree with you all. This was a great fight and would have been greater had Wlad been younger. We must also remember that AJ has not hit his peak yet as a fighter! He is still getting seasoned and will only get better. We saw one guy nearing the end of his rope and another approaching his peak.

I hope Klitschko does not fight again as this was a great fight to end his legacy on. He lost but he did not embarrass himself and I believe Wlad would have been the knockout winner had they fought 10 years ago.

Will69 wrote
Joe Louis may be the one guy I'd put 110% confidence to beat these giants. His speed was unbelieveable and he did beat guys as big as the modern giants, he beat them all by kayo. If Frazier had a better chin he could do better against the Klitschkos. But he'd get kayod before he could start smokin

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

Will69
This post was updated on .
Man, I still feel sad!  Now I know how Ali fans felt after FOTC.
I thought Klitchko was in good control in the mid rounds, but when I saw AJ start to smile and dance more, I knew there was serious trouble ahead.  Especially as Wlad soldiered on to maintain his pace.

Klitchko called it right at the pre-fight press conference.  AJ was getting better and better, and Wlad had to make the fight now or never, before the lion got too big.  And this is just the start of AJ.  I think the next 10 years he'll wear the crown or be right near it.  And Deontay, seeing the level of these fighters, must have been rattled a bit, despite saying he'd love to fight AJ.  I now favor AJ even more over Wilder.

All props to AJ as his comparisons to be the next Lewis are solid.  However, I still want to see him go against some good A-list competition -Wlad, over 40 and on his way out, was not the best test, despite making a remarkable fight.  As well, I don't know if Fury's mental health and focus are solid enough, regardless if he gets a clean bill of health, to be considered as equitable competition.  Hopefully the next few years will yield some serious, scary contenders like in the 90s.  Bring on the new gladiators!

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

Entaowed
Wow!  Thus far I have seen the crucial rounds, & rewatched the big moments.
There are some discerning analysis here.
AJ, you likely are right that not having Steward makes a difference.
And Klitchko is still near the best in the world, + was in superb condition.  But I cannot help thinking age was also a decisive factor.

I think Wlad had lost enough reflexes & stamina or recuperative ability that he could no longer pull it out.
I do not know if he had it in him to execute adequate enough combinations to win this fight at this time.
Joshua had some vulnerability, but Klitchko did not quite have the reaction time & enough in the tank to press his advantage & land enough combinations to take Joshua out.

Re: 0:04 / 21:54 Josuha Vs Klitschko 'The Gloves Are Off

Will69
Entaowed wrote
...I think Wlad had lost enough reflexes & stamina or recuperative ability that he could no longer pull it out.
I do not know if he had it in him to execute adequate enough combinations to win this fight at this time.
...Klitchko did not quite have the reaction time & enough in the tank to press his advantage & land enough combinations to take Joshua out.
Entaowed, you nailed it.
12