Whitney: Can I Be Me

Will69
Just saw this documentary.  It's worth checking out, even though it didn't get great reviews.  It reminded me of what a great singer Whitney was, and the all-too-common trappings of success.  It was very unfortunate she endured the perfect storm of problems that many celebrities face.  I can't help thinking of what the world missed out on because of the destructive path she was on.  Her legacy was short changed.  She could have easily been another Celine Dion or famous ballad singer.  Your thoughts?

Re: Whitney: Can I Be Me

GatorPurify
Will69 wrote
Just saw this documentary.  It's worth checking out, even though it didn't get great reviews.  It reminded me of what a great singer Whitney was, and the all-too-common trappings of success.  It was very unfortunate she endured the perfect storm of problems that many celebrities face.  I can't help thinking of what the world missed out on because of the destructive path she was on.  Her legacy was short changed.  She could have easily been another Celine Dion or famous ballad singer.  Your thoughts?
It looked interesting. Did you see it online or is it on Blu Ray?

Re: Whitney: Can I Be Me

Will69
I saw it online (on netflix)

Re: Whitney: Can I Be Me

Duggerman
Administrator
She was easily one of the best singers of all time. Her voice was an instrument. Unfortunately like so many mega-talented superstars she fell victim to the traps of fame. I'll never forget 1992 when The Bodyguard came out. That was her year. That soundtrack is still one of the best.

I have always been a huge fan of Bobby Brown as well and I remember when they got married. Ironically he got clean and is still alive and well, yet people still blame Bobby for Whitney's drug spiral when she was actually already on drugs when she met Bobby.

Thank you for sharing, Will. I was actually considering deleting this music forum because no one really posts here anymore. You just saved it! lol.